- The 4th edition of the Inclusive Internet Index (3i) 2020 was released by the Economist Intelligence Unit and commission by Facebook. It ranks the national level Internet Inclusion of 100 countries under the following four parameters:
- 100 countries in the latest edition represent 96% of global GDP and 91% of global population.
- 88.5% of the households have access to the internet connection in developed nations, whereas in low income countries a mere 9.9% households only have access to internet connections.
- The average household connectivity in the 100 countries has increased by 44.8% in the past few years.
- Men are 12.9% more likely to get internet connection when compared to women.
- 57% of the surveyed respondents use the internet for personal finance transactions.
- 51% of the respondents have said that Internet usage has induced financial independence.
- 56% of the respondents who use mobile phone to financial tasks are women, as compared to 48% in men
- 68% of the respondents have used the internet to learn new skills.
- 61% of the respondents are benefited from Internet to pursue higher education.
Top 10 countries in the overall Inclusive Internet Index and India’s Ranking:
|4||Australia and Denmark|
Top 3 Least Ranked countries in the Overall Index:
Top 5 Countries in the four main parameters of the Index:
|1||South Korea||USA||Qatar||New Zealand|
India Specific Findings:
- India is categorized under Lower-middle income country in the index with a composite score of 71.7 out of 100.
- Ranking of India in the four main parameters of the Index are:
- Availability – 68
- Affordability -18
- Relevance – 46
- Readiness – 12
Q: 1: Which country has ranked last in the Inclusive Internet Index 2020?
d. Burkina Faso
Explanation: Burundi (100) has been ranked last in the 4th edition of the Inclusive Internet Index 2020 released by the EIU.
Q: 2. Under the Readiness Parameter of the Inclusive Internet Index 2020, which of the following is the rank of India?
e. None of the above
Explanation: India has been ranked 12 in the Readiness parameter of the Inclusive Internet Index 2020, while the overall ranking is 46.
Q: 3. The Inclusive Internet Index 2020 was conducted by the EIU and commissioned by ________.
e. None of the above
Explanation: The 4th edition of the Inclusive Internet Index 2020 was conducted by the EIC and has been commissioned by Facebook.